[chimerax-users] Morphing atomic models and volumes in a single movie

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Mon Aug 5 15:22:09 PDT 2019

Hi Yazan,

  The fact that you don't see the morph map disappear with smoothed maps but you do see it disappear with unsmoothed maps suggests it is not anything in your script -- it is something related to the volume data values.  My guess would be it has to do with the "constantVolume true" option.  That is trying to adjust the threshold level to keep the enclosed volume the same.  I suspect the map disappearing means some bad threshold is chosen by the constantVolume option.  You might try without that option to see if that theory is correct.  You might also try just morphing #14 to #15 since the missing surface should happen in that case two (although it may depend on the exact enclosed volume it is keeping constant).

	Tom