[chimerax-users] discontinuous helices in tube mode

Yazan Abbas yazan.abbas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 09:39:24 PDT 2019

Hi,

Is there a parameter that can be changed to control how "cartoon style
modeH tube" draws a continuous helix? In my model, most of my helices are
broken up into 2-4 discontinuous helices (especially the long, curved
ones).

In pymol (cylinders mode) and chimera (pipes and planks depiction), the
same helices are drawn as a single, continuous helix, suggesting that my
model is ok. I tried adding a HELIX definition in the pdb file, and also
tried forcing chimeraX to draw a helix using the setattr command, but
neither strategy has helped. I also tried playing with the dssp
energyCutoff with no success.

Thanks,

Yazan