[chimerax-users] silhouette of transparent density

Alexis Rohou a.rohou at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:05:27 PDT 2019

Hi Tom,

This is great! I'd often wished I could get silhouettes of opaque models
behind transparent surfaces.

However, there are also circumstances where the effect of having
silhouettes only around the outermost (front-most, I guess) surface is
very nice. A number of figures of membrane proteins were published
recently like that - the micelle is shown as a low-resolution
very-transparent blob with silhouette, and the volume surface of the TM
domain is shown inside it without silhouette. Makes for a nice visual
effect.

My question: could we perhaps have this new feature switchable via the
set command?

Cheers,
Alexis