[chimerax-users] 2D and 3D objects

Jazzar, Rodolphe rjazzar at UCSD.EDU
Thu Jun 4 14:03:47 PDT 2020

Hi,

First of all, this is a great program, and I am barely using it to full extent of its possibilities. I am currently interested in combining a 3D object (a molecule.pdb) and a 2D object/plane/image (as a .png or any other). The idea being that I want to show a slice of an ELF plot, with the 3D molecule embedded through the 2D plot. Good news is that I can import both objects (.pdb and .png). However I face a size issue with the 2D object, which is considerably bigger than the 3D one. Would you know if I can size down a 2D object, or enlarge a 3D one respectively. All in all would you know if chimeraX can generate something like the picture attached by combining a 2D and a 3D object.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Rodolphe

[cid:D31DAF51-91B8-4F78-94B3-4C0FCD9C860E]

Dr. Rodolphe Jazzar,
CNRS Research Associate - (French National Centre for Scientific Research)
UCSD-UMI 3555
ORCID : 0000-0002-4156-7826

Office: (858)-534-5315
Mobile: 858-337-2228

University of California, San Diego, 5213 Pacific Hall,
Department of Chemistry,
9500 Gilman Dr, # 0343,
La Jolla, CA 92093-0343

http://bertrandgroup.ucsd.edu<http://bertrandgroup.ucsd.edu/>