[chimerax-users] ChimeraX: mmcif connectivity lost in some chains; OK in Coot

Anderson, Jacob jacob_r_anderson at hms.harvard.edu
Sat Jun 13 14:59:31 PDT 2020

As an addendum, in coot, I saved OK mmcif file as a PDB (in zip as coot-mmcifTOpdb.pdb). Reviewing the file, it looks OK. It also opens and docks OK in ChimeraX with proper connectivity. However, upon saving the pdb with its updated coordinates after using the "Fit To Map" module, all the atoms have been changed to HETATM (in zip as it_to_map_PDB_savedinchimerax.pdb)

Might this be a bug? or possibly a product of saving a cif file in coot to pdb?  It was reproduced upon a second try.

Maybe to consolidate the problems:

1) mmcif not connected in chimerax, but OK in coot
[upon trying a workaround with an OK PDB file]
2) A fit to map PDB, when saved with chimerax, has all atoms changed to HETATM

~jacob