[chimerax-users] ChimeraX: mmcif connectivity lost in some chains; OK in Coot

Anderson, Jacob jacob_r_anderson at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:21:54 PDT 2020

Dear Dr. Pettersen,

Thank you so much for your help. That helps me understand what was causing the problem greatly! Unfortunately this is just one filament of a large microtubule complex which we will have >100 chains (the reason we tried to move to mmcif).

I wrote something to make it ATOM-ee so I could refine it in coot/phenix. I will probably continue with that pipeline (dock in chimerax, change to ATOM w/ python, refine in coot/phenix, wash and repeat). Perhaps if I figure out the mmcif issue it will be more OK.

Thank you again for adding me to that thread!

~jacob