[chimerax-users] CIF writer renumbers residues

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Tue Jun 23 11:55:01 PDT 2020

Hi Greg,

The mmCIF writer should preserve both the author and the mmcif (label_seq_id) numbering since this is essential for easy comparison of different structures. You say ChimeraX preserves author numbering but it should also preserve label_seq_id.  Other software may only use label_seq_id and not author numbering and the user will have no control over that.

	Tom