[chimerax-users] Troubles when saving a map

Stéphane ROCHE stephane.roche at i2bc.paris-saclay.fr
Thu Jun 17 01:07:50 PDT 2021

Dear Mr/Mrs,

I am new to ChimeraX (v 0.7) and I have a trouble when saving a map.

I am working with a .ccp4 map from an electron microscopy project. I would
like to slightly change the pixel size that was inaccurately estimated
during data processing and chimeraX seems to be the program for doing
that.

-          Opening the map is fine.

-          Then I change the pixel voxelsize which is also fine.

-          I then save the modified map (I use the .mrc format here given
that I do not find a .ccp4 format).

-          However if I then use the map with my usual softwares (phenix,
coot) it looks like pure noise. But the map looks normal with some other
softwares (e.g. pymol). I also have no problem usually with my .mrc maps
with any software so I would assume the problem is with the .mrc map I
created

Do you know what I could do to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Stephane Roche

Institut de Biologie Intégrative de la Cellule

91198 Gif sur Yvette

France