[chimerax-users] Global Fit List and Model Seperation

Christian Tüting christian.tueting at biochemtech.uni-halle.de
Mon Jun 28 02:32:12 PDT 2021

Dear ChimeraX-Team & MailingListUsers,

My question is actually two different questions: I would like to perform a global fitting in ChimeraX and seperate all fitting solutions into independent models.

I loaded the map (#1) and a dimeric model (#2) into ChimeraX and perform the global fitting by: fit #2 inMap #1 search 50

My map represents a homo-oligomeric model with 40+ monomers (20+ dimers), so multiple fitting solutions are probably correct solutions. This is the log of the fitting:
"Found 41 fits. List window not yet implemented." which matches with my assumption.

I would like to now (a) inspect all fittings, but the list window is not implemented yet. Can I access the fitting solutions via console commands? And (b) I would like to save each fitted solution as an indepent object, reconstruction the entire model in the map for furhter refinement. Again, could this be done via commands like: "fit #2 inMap #2 search 50 saveFit fittings.pdb", which results in a multi-state pdb? The "Save PDB" button is probably only available in the List windows, which is not implemented yet.

Thanks in advance

Best
Christian