[chimerax-users] Help with surfaces

Eoin Winston eoin at nexucreative.com
Tue Mar 2 12:47:07 PST 2021

Hello,

I create molecular animations and use ChimeraX to import PDB files and
convert them to surfaces which I then export for use in Autodesk 3dsmax.

I have a very limited understanding of this fantastic software however I am
wondering if there is a quick way to solve my problem.  I have a PDB file I
was sent containing a trimer. When I use a command such as:

*molmap #13,1 20 *(I found this on a YouTube video BTW)

It creates a surface model of the entire PDB file. How do I create separate
surface models for each of the trimers? So the PDB exports with three
meshes as opposed to a single mesh.

Hope that makes sense.

Best regards,

Eoin

*Eoin Winston, *Head of Design

*Phone:* +353 877991603 | Email <eoin at nexucreative.com> | Web
<http://www.nexucreative.com/> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/NEXU.creative/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/NEXU_Science>
Raptech Ltd. t/a *NEXU* Science Communication is registered in Ireland as a
private company limited by shares.
Registration No. 610585. Registered business address: 3 Mruigtuaithe,
Ratoath, County Meath, Ireland. A85 Y883