[chimerax-users] Attribute files in ChimeraX

David Leeming david.leeming at student.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 07:32:50 PST 2021

Dear ChimeraX users,

I'm trying to write a script that will export an attribute file in ChimeraX, (specifically the attribute sasa) I'm looking for a similar output to that of the attribute calculator function in Chimera (see image below)
[cid:9fd01eec-1765-4ec9-8172-dec4315fa1d6]
I'm currently trying to run the command below to export the attribute file:
[cid:6e286ca4-a133-49bc-a34e-1a2f39bb7243]
However, when I run this script, it produces the error: "No known data format for file suffix '.defattr'"

Any advice on how I can better go about producing this file or how I can modify my script to prevent this error would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
David