[chimerax-users] chimera X troubles

Greg Couch gregc at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 5 11:20:18 PST 2021

It looks like the problem is the unmet dependency on ffmeg.  It says
that ffmpeg is not installable.  The question is why?  So first try
"sudo apt-get install ffmeg" to see if you can get more information.
Read apt-get manual page for clues, you might to "google".  If you can
get ffmpeg installed, then installing ChimeraX should work.

If you can't get ffmeg to install.  Then try adding an additional
argument to "apt-get install" to skip trying to install ffmeg. You won't
be able to make movies, but the rest of ChimeraX should work.  I'd first
try "apt-get install --ignore-missing", and if that didn't work,
"apt-get install --fix-broken".  Reading the manual page for apt-get
could help here too.

     Good luck,

     Greg