[chimerax-users] Getting rid of a gap in a helix ribbon

Luca Pellegrini lp212 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 05:17:48 PST 2021

Hi,

The cartoon drawing of one helix in my structure has a gap in the middle, where it is drawn as a coil. I would like to draw the whole helix as a continuous ribbon. If I select the two consecutive residues at the gap and type: 'setattr sel res ss_type 1' the gap remains. So it looks like the residues at the gap are already helical, as the C-end and N-end residues of two consecutive helices.

This looks trivial to fix but I can’t figure it out at the moment…

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Luca

Luca Pellegrini, PhD