[chimerax-users] pause/wait read user input in chimerax script

andrew atmp1 at protonmail.com
Fri Mar 12 05:31:19 PST 2021

Greetings,
I would be grateful for help with a script.
I made a .cxc script.
Now, I would like to show somebody the steps, one by one as in
   I download this [return]
   I select that [return]
   colour these [return]

but I cannot see how to insert a pause/wait or something that waits on keyboard input. I did try to insert a "runscript" and put some lines in a python script that reads from the keyboard, but it looks as if chimerax has redirected the script's stdin.
I have a feeling, that if I knew what I was doing, I could put another line in the python script "import chimerax.core" and read until the next newline from the command line.

Is there a way to pause after each line in a script ?
Many thanks for any advice.