[chimerax-users] Question about modelling

Moradkhan, Tiglath A tmoradkhan at csus.edu
Mon Mar 15 22:08:40 PDT 2021

Hi

For some reason when I try to model using ChimeraX it cuts off the first two amino acid residues of the N-terminus. I'm trying to model dimeric sea otter Apo A-I using the pdb structure of 3R2P as a template. The sea otter sequence is:

DEPQSPWDRVKDLATVYVDVVKDGGRDYVAQFEASA
LGKQLNLKLLDNWDSLSSTVTKLREQIGPVTQEFWDNLEKETEALRQEMSKDLEEVKQKV
QPYLDEFQKKWHEEVELYRQKVAPLGAELREGARQKLQELQEKLTPLGEELRDRARTHVD
ALRAQLAPYSDQLRERLASRLQALK

But the template does not contain the first two amino acid residues. When I model the sea otter protein, it doesn't include the first two amino acids. I'm not sure why it's doing that.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks
Tiglath