[chimerax-users] Questions about focal length of camera in ChimeraX

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Wed Mar 24 10:39:51 PDT 2021

Hi Bin,

  I guess you mean angular field of view of the ChimeraX camera.  By default it is 30 degrees (horizontal full width).  The value is reported if you type the command "camera" and you can set it to a different value with that command

	camera fieldOfView 60

Focal length is a property of lenses.  There is no lens or depth blur emulation in ChimeraX.

  Tom