[chimerax-users] Understanding the output of the align command

Yazan Abbas yazan.abbas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 16:16:18 PDT 2019

Hi Elaine,

What I am actually doing is making a movie showing a morph between
different atomic coordinates. There is unmodelled density that I wish to
move/rotate along the same trajectory that one of the chains is moving. I
found that using the turn or roll command to move the density alongside the
coordset command which shows the model morph works well enough. However,
turn or roll around the y axis is not as precise as an axis of rotation
that is determined by the align command, which is what I am trying
to achieve.

Best,

Yazan