[chimerax-users] Deleting regions of whole protein

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jun 8 13:00:35 PDT 2020

Hello Dr. Anas Hussain,
Of course you can delete any set of atoms from an atomic structure.  You can either select them (many ways described in this page):
<http://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/selection.html>

....and then use the menu Actions... Atoms/Bonds... Delete,
<http://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/menu.html#actions>

OR you can use the "delete" command and specify the parts you want to delete directly in the command.

Description of "delete" command:
<http://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/delete.html>

How to specify atoms in the command:
<http://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/atomspec.html>