[chimerax-users] Volume series

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jun 8 18:29:22 PDT 2020

Hi Kotaro,
My understanding is that:

(1) a volume morph is different than a volume series, and there is no option to show a slider control for a volume morph
(2) "volume morph" is the command to show the volume morphing
(3) you can record it  by putting a "movie record" command before the "volume morph" command, and a "movie encode" command after it.

For example, you could put commands something like the following in a plain-text file named myscript.cxc, and then open myscript.cxc in ChimeraX to execute it:

movie record
volume morph #1-10 playStep 0.01 frames 100; wait 100
movie stop
movie encode mymovie.mp4

See explanation of options of the "volume morph" command:
<https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/volume.html#morph>

Options of the "movie" command:
<https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/movie.html>

I hope this helps,