[chimerax-users] Volume series

Tom Goddard goddard at sonic.net
Mon Jun 8 18:36:24 PDT 2020

Hi Kotaro,

  Unfortunately ChimeraX does not yet have a slider for playing through the morph.  There is a feature request for this

	https://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/trac/ChimeraX/ticket/2784

You can replay the morph without creating a new copy of it by specifying the id number of the morph

	volume morph #1-10 model #11

To record a movie

	movie record ; volume morph #1-10 model #11 ; wait 250 ; movie encode ~/Desktop/mapmorph.mp4

Commands are separated by semicolors.  The volume morph command shows 25 frames per step by default but it returns immediately, so the "wait 250" command says to wait that many frames before going to the next command which outputs the movie file.

  Our older program Chimera has a user interface panel with a slider and a Record button so it a bit easier to use currently.  But it doesn't have nice ambient shadow lighting ("light soft").  In the future we will have a morph user interface panel in ChimeraX.

	Tom