[chimerax-users] cut-through session color

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Mon Jun 15 09:08:10 PDT 2020

Hi Steve,
Your image is from Chimera (not ChimeraX) so maybe you mean in Chimera?

In Chimera, you can specify the planar cap color in the "Surface Capping" tool opened by clicking "Surface capping..." on the Per-Model Clipping tool, or directly from the menu under Tools... Depiction.

<http://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/ContributedSoftware/per-model/per-model.html>
<http://www.rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimera/docs/ContributedSoftware/surfcapper/surfcapper.html>

ChimeraX does not yet have per-model clipping (clipping the surface but not the structure). However, clipped surfaces have a planar cap with many ways to color them, including:

select cap with mouse (Ctrl-click), use menu Actions... Color... [choose color]

specify directly in command line by model number (use Model Panel to find out number), e.g. command:
color #1.2.1 cyan
transparency #1.2.1 50

See also ChimeraX command "surface cap"
<http://rbvi.ucsf.edu/chimerax/docs/user/commands/surface.html#cap>