[chimerax-users] select model Z-translate

Elaine Meng meng at cgl.ucsf.edu
Tue Jun 23 08:06:12 PDT 2020

Hi Jiaxing Zhang,
As I understand it, the "translate selected models" mouse mode is only XY-translation in screen coordinates, so you'd first need to rotate the whole view ~90 degrees to move that model in the desired direction.  I don't know of any way to do it with the mouse directly, only using the command (as you said).
I hope this helps,
Elaine
-----
Elaine C. Meng, Ph.D.