[chimerax-users] Displaying multiple sequences during alignment

Y. Mutum ym337 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 07:19:25 PST 2021

Hi

I have a very quick query.
I opened up 3 models - 3cx5, 2qjp and 1zrt in ChimeraX. I was thinking of aligning on one of the chains and looking at the global-sequence-alignment.

>>> match #3/C #2/A to #1/C showAlignment true

The sequence alignment opens up as pairwise sequence alignement, in 2 separate windows for each of the 2 pairs.
Picture attached.

Rather, is there a way to get all 3 sequences aligned together, not separately?
I tried looking up at other options, but I think I am missing out something somewhere.

Thanks
Yaikhomba